Calling all of your Backyard Craft Beer Home Brewers - Gather up your team of friends or neighbors for a Craft Beer Throw Down Competition.
“Now's the time to show off your home brew skills - Brew Chef White Bear Style”
Beer style Categories:
- American style IPA
- American style Stouts
- American style Amber/Red Ale
Entries are scored in five area:
- Aroma - discussing the malt and hop, esters and other aromatics character
- Appearance - discussing clarity, color and head
- Flavor - discussing malts, hops, fermentation characteristics, balance, finish/aftertaste and other flavor characteristics
- Mouthfeel - discussing body, carbonation, warmth, creaminess, astringency and other palate sensations
- Overall Impression
An Entry team will consist of the brewmaster and one assistant. Each entry will select a beer style and provide one 5 Gallon Home Brew bottled (minimum of 40 bottles) for judging and peoples choice awards.
Top 3 winners in each beer category cash prizes and awards.
$25 entry fee. No late entries will be allowed. This event is non -sanctioned. 12 team limit per beer category.
September 10th, 2017
Set up 8:00am - 9:30am
Team meeting 9:30am
Peoples Choice Tasting 11:00am - 3:30pm
Awards at 5;00 pm